Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Happier

Usually I am unhappy with the world and can find several things to write about that I dislike about it. Today I am happy with the world. Things are good at work. I just had a wonderful vacation with my girlfreind and all is well.

I am sure this will change as swiftyly as the wind but who knows. I did have a really great time on my vacation at a place called plymouth plantation. It was a recreation of the original pilgrim village. There were people who lived there all summer and acted out the parts of the settlers. I took several pictures of the place. Maybee I will post one later.

Places like this along with my love for the everything before 1700 makes me think i was born in the wrong century. I find myself wishing i grew up and lived in the middle ages or in colonial times. However I dont think i could go without the shower thing. If i could live in colonial time with a shower I think that would be the perfect life for me.

Oh well unless i invent a time machine i am afraid i am stuck here in this century. For now i will read books about those times, play video games about those times, and play role playing games about those times.

Some might say i am living in the past. I say nay. I am very in tune with the world around me and live everyday in the present. I just like to take a break from reality and rememeber how hard and full life once was.

We have no war to fight, or need to find food. We are not starving or sick as a people. We are not fearing persecution. None of this happens to any great degree in the United states. I am glad of it too. But sometimes I cant help but think that that type of life was somehow more exciting.

Although my life is pretty exciting. I like it. I just would like to live back then for a few days.

Ya know?

What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 7/11/2005 01:42:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you out there in the west staking out your claim on some land.

I agree that that time period would be a very interesting place to visit. Especially since I was a time period that built the world we now live in. Life was simpler then. There were also many more opportunities to one's own mark on the world if you had the Brains and the effort.

However it was also tough, dirty, unforgiving and intolerant life. I think you would enjoy visiting but would be very happy to be leaving after a time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home