Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Religious Fundamentalists.

Sorry I have not written lately. I have been working extra hard at school and work lately. I recently started going into work at 5:30 am. It has not been fun. I do like the fact that I get out early though. Also this week our Air conditioner broke in the office during our hottest week in a long time. I am not sure why it has taken so long to repair.

Anyway, on to the topic of today's entry. I am speaking of religious Fundamentalists. Specifically terrorizes of any religion.

Even if my GOD walked through my wall right now and told me that I Should kill a person or go to hell. I would choose hell. There is no amount of wrong that could make me kill an innocent or ignorant person. I even agree with most of the Islamic fundamentalist views about America. But that does not me I kill my fellow man.

Some Christians will not associate with very good people because they live in sexual relationships before they are married. What if these people are very devout in every other way, and generally good people.

I don't think we should be so quick to judge based on our religious beliefs. In the end we are all human. If there are 2 major religions that believe in one god then one of them has to be wrong. Either that or we both worship the same god with different faces. Perhaps the Islamic, Christian, Judaic struggle is nothing more than a God's inter turmoil.

In any case it is not good to be so narrow minded. 600 years ago everyone knew the world was flat. 200 years ago everyone new that the only way to travel faster than walking was by a horse. Could it be possible that your religion is not right, That you have been following a god that doesn't even truly exist. If you found this to be the case would that make you change your way of life. NO. I would hope that you would be happy to know that you had adopted a way of life that you felt was morally sound and inherently good. It would not matter that it was Allah instead of Jesus, or vica-versa.

What do you all think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home