Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where did Halloween Go?

What ever happened to hundreds of Kids walking up and down our streets on Halloween night. Thats right I said night, not the twilight that kids are allowed to Trick or Treat in now. That is if they are allowed at all. Some parents don't even think this is safe any longer. They take their children to the local supermarket or mall so they can trick or treat in a safe environment. There are hardly any documented cases of children getting attacked, hurt, kidnapped, poison, or otherwise harmed on a Halloween throughout the last century. I just turned on my light tonight for Halloween on a populated dead end street in suburbia. A Prime place a few years ago for trick or treaters. Not anymore. This is an off limits area and not safe for kids. That is bullshit. Lights and decorations lined my street as hopeful homes hoped that this year would be like old times again, but as it has gone for the last 5 years there were only a few trick or treaters brave enough to venture out onto a well lit street in a safe suburb. The other kids had already been done trick or treating since 4 when they went to the mall with their parents in a SAFE environment. I guess I am just bitter that my kids will not get to experience the joy of a real Halloween. I realize that holidays change but this is a change for the worse due to paranoia based in no real fact. It sickens me. No one has ever died of a razor blade in an apple. that is just ludicrous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home