Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Friday, November 10, 2006

Elections and my after thoughts

First let me say that I am a republican and generally a conservitave. But the thing that makes me the most upset about this past weeks election is not that the democrates now have control of the house and the senate, but something else entirely. The overwhelming issue I have with the election is the number of people who voted all democrate, with no knowledge of the canidates simply becuase they dont like the current president and he is a republican. I just heard people talking about how they were so happy that they went out and voted all democrate. They should not have voted if they did not know anything about the canidates. No one of either party should vote without knowing something. Voter turn out was better than it has been in several years simply becuase people hate our president and want to send the republicans he represents a message.

I say vote with knowledge about the people running and dont let one person in washington sway the vote of an entire nation. I think good republican canidates lost their seats simply becuase of a bad president.

Thoughts?

1 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 06:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said mj ... informed voting is the lifeblood of working democracy, else we are simply at the mercy of of the unwashed masses (like Jake)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home