Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Friday, November 03, 2006

Work and relaxing.

Its amazing how the two go together hand and hand. You can't really have one without the other. You can't in my estimation be truely relaxed without some work having been performed prior. What would you compare it to otherwise? Can you really do nothing for 4 months and then sit and watch tv and call it relaxing? Sure you can but most of us would feel unsettled and feel no sense of accomplishment. Some of the slothier amongst us might feel differently but for the most part I think I have it right.

I might be an extreme case. For instance I only really relax when my house is completely clean, all walls painted, everything in order, and everything in place. The laundry has to be done and so does anything else I have set for myself to accomplish that day. Once I have done that and gone to the gym and really worked out hard, then come home and had a shower, I can finnaly truely relax. If I wake up on a sunday I need to do something first before I can feel relaxed.

The only exception to this is when I can spend time with my girlfreind sarah or some of my other close freinds. I can relax and watch football and some other things as well. But for the most part i can't relax without the work.

Which brings me to my overall point. Relaxing is impossible without having worked at some point in your life to have something to compare it to. Sloths dont consider hanging in a tree relaxing, they do it all day.

Some people are lucky enough to have jobs that allow for relaxing while accomplishing things. There is little to no stress and the job makes you feel good about yourself as well. Those are the truely lucky people. They can relax knowing that have accomplished somethings but in a lot of cases do not have to.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home