Mind of Michael Jones.

Any postings that you see on this BLOG are going to be my general opinions on Life, or research into life’s little idiosyncrasies. A BLOG is meant to stir up debate amongst its readers. I have realized that I have some preconceived notions of the world that may or may not be correct and I would like your help in finding the answers. Please make it a habit when you read my BLOG to comment and disagree or post your own thoughts on what I have discussed. Enjoy your Reading......

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Toll booth attendants

So my co worker and I were driving around in the company truck the other day and had to cross a toll bridge. We pulled up into a toll lane after crossing the bridge and Said Hi to the toll booth attendant. She maid no response, which in my book is ok if you plan on saying thank you at the end of things. She then continued to give us our change and a receipt that we had requested for business records. We said thank you and she maid no attempt to even make eye contact with us. To make sure she was not deaf I asked basically shouted thank you to which she responded my lifting her head and putting it back down.

These people are lucky to have jobs. They could be replaced tomorrow by issuing a state law that everyone had to have an easy pass in the entire nation. So there would be a nation wide RFid tag that would work in any state not just a few. We are close to this happening and she has the nerve not to be polite. She makes good money. I checked it out. She makes over $12.00 and hour and has state benefits (best you can have) for being a cashier. Even a cashier at tops making minimum wage and getting brought back and forth from work by their mother, has to be polite to customers or they get fired. I tried to find a place online to issue a complaint but there is only a place to complain about getting the incorrect change.

Perhaps she had a bad day, but does she need to spread her bad day to me. Just say thank you the 3000 times you have to in a day and go home. That is all I ask. What the hell?

Am I crazy? Does a no response on a thank you piss you off? Do you like toll booth attendants that don't speak?

Let me know.

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 08:41:00 AM , Blogger Michael Jones said...

I just noticed that I Suggested a state law to be passed that would make a nation wide edict. I think that is impossible, but I think you all get the point. SAY THANK YOU!

 
At 11/02/2006 04:47:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're sliding back into good old spastic meow

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home